Have you got a room to rent? Are you looking for a part-time job? Perhaps you have an event to advertise in your church?
Post your flyer here!
For more information, please contact Shashi either by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 03 9881 7800.
Job Title: Associate Pastor
Location: Clayton Church of Christ
Hours of work: Part time (4 days per week)
Clayton Church of Christ is in an exciting phase of growth and change as we pursue our vision to ‘build disciples who represent Jesus to everyone, everywhere with everything’. The church is a strong life group based, multi-cultural and medium sized congregation with weekly worship services in English and Chinese. Our church is in a phase of building a strong gathered church for the future purpose of mobilising a disciple-making movement.
We are looking for a like minded individual to join the pastoral team that oversees our Mandarin speaking Chinese congregation. This leadership role will assist the lead Chinese pastor to achieve the church’s vision within the context of the Chinese congregation. We are looking for someone who is able to build a disciple-making culture among the younger demographic of the community (young families and below), develop/multiply leaders through lifegroups and a self starter who is able to provide missional leadership to reach the mainland Chinese in the Clayton community. This role is both relational as well as strategic focused.
We are looking for a team leader who will fulfil the following criteria:
- identify with the vision, values and mission of the church
- have a bachelor’s degree in any area. Some theological training is ideal or currently undergoing theological training.
- some experience in reaching out and ministering to mainland Chinese people
- able to speak fluent Mandarin and reasonable English
- work independently and within a team environment
- applicants must have the right to work in Australia on a permanent basis
- a current working with children’s check and police check will be required
For more information about this position, contact Ps Hai (0430 553 568) or email
email@example.com for a copy of the job description and application package.
Applications should be made via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include:
- a letter of introduction - demonstrating how you meet the above criteria
- a resume
- a copy of your academic records
Applications Closing Date: 29th June 2018
Provisional Interview Dates: Week commencing 2nd July 2018
THE STORY SO FAR
City on a Hill began with a small team and a big vision to make a difference in our world for the glory of God. Since our inception in October 2007, we have witnessed a special work of God's grace as he has united hundreds of men and women around the mission of Knowing Jesus and Making Jesus Known. In the past twelve months we have baptised scores of people and witnessed many give their life to Jesus for the first time. Today, City on a Hill meets across five locations in three cities with a vision to reach 10 cities with the good news of Jesus. While our story is characterised by constant change and growth, we have maintained an enduring commitment to Knowing Jesus and Making Jesus Known. Fundamental to long term gospel growth at City on a Hill, and indeed Melbourne, is a thriving ministry to children. A ministry that partners with parents to raise-up the next generation of humble, courageous and sacrificial leaders who will win their friends, our city and our nation for Jesus.
The Children’s Ministry Director will be responsible for generating and executing the strategic direction for children’s ministry at City on a Hill Melbourne.
The role will entail developing the Sunday City Kids program of a new all-church learning model, as we seek to teach and equip our church with the whole counsel of God while fostering a culture of partnership with parents to disciple their children.
Fundamental to the role will be the recruitment, training the mobilisation of an increasing team of City Kids leaders with the goal of establishing City on a Hill Melbourne as a center of excellence and training.
In addition, the Children’s Ministry Director will explore and implement new and innovative ways to Know Jesus and Make Jesus Known among the children and families of Melbourne.
Rate of engagement for the role is flexible - between 3 – 5 days per week, and will be determined in consultation with the appropriate applicant.
a) Leading our children to Know Jesus and Make Jesus Known.
b) Partnering with and equipping families to disciple their children.
c) The identification, training, development and support of the volunteer team and key leaders
d) Establishing and implementing an all-church learning model where the children are taught a tailored version of the material the adults are taught as we seek to teach the whole counsel of God.
e) Leading the efficient and effective operations of the City Kids Sunday program.
f) Identify and implement new innovative opportunities to make Jesus known to children in Melbourne.
g) Praying specifically for children and their families
h) Leading a culture and practice of safe ministry to children.
KEY SKILLS, GIFTING & CHARACTER
The following skills and experience are deemed essential for the fulfilment of this role:
1. Fulfill the character qualifications outlined for a deacon in 1 Timothy 3:8-13.
2. At least 3 years experience in children’s ministry in an evangelical church.
3. A proven track record of an ability to teach children.
4. Training from an evangelical theological college or equivalent.
5. A passion to embrace the vision and mission of City on a Hill.
6. Have a deep commitment to team ministry, understanding the significance and power of the body of Christ and the Bible.
7. Have an ability to effectively and efficiently communicate, manage time, and prioritize duties & responsibilities.
The following skills and experience are deemed desirable for the fulfilment of this role:
1. At least 5 years experience in senior leadership of a large children’s ministry in an evangelical church.
2. Completed Bachelor level theological training (or equivalent) at an evangelical college.
3. Experience in the development of teaching curriculum for children’s ministry.
4. Demonstrated ability to handle rapid organisational change.
To apply for the role, send your CV with cover letter addressing the essential and desirable criteria to email@example.com
As a growing inner-city church located in Melbourne’s east, Camberwell Baptist Church is looking for an Associate Pastor for Children and Families. As a church we are committed to investing in the lives of children and families both in our church and our local community. Within the church we have a growing number of families and children actively involved in our Sunday morning activities and engaged in our mission to serve Jesus in our community and beyond. To help extend our outreach to the local community we have a thriving playgroup ministry, a Christian kindergarten, and a number of activities that help us deepen our connection with local families.
The position of Associate Pastor will be 3 days a week (0.6 EFT) according to BUV stipend. It will allow the successful candidate to work with the pastor and a committed staff team to help the church in pursuing our mission by developing our team of volunteers, preaching occasionally, and continuing to foster a culture of discipleship and mission within our children and families ministry.
Applications close on Friday the 13th July. For more information, or for a copy of the position description, please contact Nathan Steer on 0438 452 046, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
CityReach Marion is looking for a Worship Director. For details about the job please follow the link below.
Worship Team Leader
The Worship Team Leader’s role is to lead with excellence our team of worshipers on Sundays, musically and spiritually - including preparation, thought, and intention given to each weekend service to the glory of God.
1-2 days per week (up to .4 FTE)
The Worship Team Leader reports directly to the Lead Pastor.
• Service Leading
o Leads the congregation in authentic worship, through modeling and teaching such worship.
o Leads the worship team, including singers, instrumentalists, sound techs, and computer techs.
o Finds new songs to introduce in worship and sources music as needed.
• Team Building
o Develops and implements high quality worship by coordinating a/v techs, instrumentalists and vocalists in groups or as individuals.
o Prepares for and holds rehearsals for the worship team during the week.
o Oversees the recruiting, scheduling, and development of instrumentalists, vocalists, songwriters, sound technicians, and computer technicians.
• Worship Coordinating
o Meets weekly with the Lead Pastor to plan worship services.
o Plans, schedules, leads, and coordinates corporate worship services.
o Ensures worship details are communicated in a timely manner to the media team.
• Maintains personal, spiritual and musical development and growth.
• Possesses a vibrant, growing, personal and committed relationship with Christ
• Self-motivated team leader able to work in a dynamic environment, who works well with others.
• Agrees with the Vertical Church doctrinal statement (https://vertical.org.au/what-we-believe/).
• Some experience leading worship.
• Some formal Bible training preferred.
SEND CV & a video link of you leading worship to Adrian@vertical.org.au.
Location: Beilby Street, Bayswater
Contact: Adam email@example.com
Price: $120/week medium room and $140/week large room (inc $30/week MST student subsidy).
This is a perfect location, only a 10 minute drive from MST. Amazing house with two areas, huge kitchen, and large covered pergola deck. When you need some down time, we have a table tennis table, billiard table, 65" LED TV, and WIFI internet throughout the house.
Contact Adam Bell at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information!
Location: Forest Hill
Price: $170 per week (includes all bills and internet)
Available: December 2017
Contact: Lauren on 0423 192 540 or email email@example.com.
A small bedroom is available only 10-15 minutes from MST. The room is fully furnished, with a king single bed, wardrobe and small desk space. The home has an exotic shorthair cat, and they occasionally foster kittens from the RSPCA. The other tenant currently attends Syndal Baptist Church and is happy to meet with anyone interested.
Worldwide Evangelisation for Christ
Loading: Part-time (12 hours per week)
Worldwide Evangelisation for Christ is offering theology students the opportunity to do something great!
WEC Australia is seeking passionate people for the purposes of promoting mission projects.
You will join in with other Mobilisers and WEC missionaries in:
- Co-facilitating one overseas WEC mission with another mobiliser.
- Representing WEC at large mission events.
- Engaging with the local Church.
- Speaking in churches and at youth meetings on behalf of WEC.
- Contacting Church leaders and youth leaders to share the vision of reaching the unreached peoples of this world.
You will also specialise one in of the following:
- Event Management – Create a series of Mission Events that draw people into a greater knowledge of Unreached Groups and a passion for those who have never heard.
- Media Production – Work with our Media department on a specific project. This could include a video production, a Mission prayer journal or publicising an unreached group.
Enquiries to: Richard Jenner 0424 820 755 or firstname.lastname@example.org