WHERE does the Gap Year lead you?
Bachelor Degree at MST
The Diploma of Christian Studies is the equivalent to the first year of a bachelor degree at MST. Students must receive a minimum ‘Credit’ grade (65%) for each subject to have the first year of the following bachelor degrees recognised:
- Bachelor of Ministry
- Bachelor of Theology
- Bachelor of Christian Studies
Further studies at a public University
Completing the GAP YEAR sets you up to enter into other courses (i.e. Education, Medicine, Health, Engineering, etc.) with a firm foundation in your Christian faith and worldview.
Leadership in your Church
By completing the GAP YEAR, you will be equipped to take up leadership positions in your Church, and be able to lead Bible Studies, small groups, youth ministry, childrens ministry, etc. with greater confidence and depth of knowledge and understanding.
Preparation for Mission
Many mission organisations require at least one year of training at a Bible College. The GAP YEAR prepares you for such a future, whether that be local or global missions that God has put on your heart.
Preparation for the Workplace
Others are looking to head straight into a career or industry and serve God and others in the workplace. The GAP YEAR is a great time to spend in God’s Word before starting your career as the training you receive never goes out of date, and will be the very foundation that you constantly build on for the rest of your life, regardless of what job you enter into.
WHAT are the requirements?
- Completion of Year 12.
- ATAR of at least 65 (please contact MST if you have an ATAR lower than 65).
HOW do you enrol?
1. Make an appointment to meet with our Enrolment Coordinator about your study options.
2. Download the application form and fill it in. Email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org or post/hand in your form to 5 Burwood Highway, Wantirna, VIC 3152. You will also need three references. One from your Pastor/Minister, one from an employer or teacher, and one from a friend or elder at your church.
3. You will be notified within two weeks if your application is successful. Once you have been accepted, your subject selection will be confirmed with the Enrolment Coordinator.