Pivoting on the Path: Developing a courageous faith

In March 2020, MST graduates Paul and Mel Jessop were due to board a plane back to Japan to serve there “basically for the rest of our lives” when COVID shut borders and Australia went into lockdown. The Jessops had been in Japan with OMF for four years already; two years studying Japanese, and two […]

Ethics In Action

When Claire Harvey began her Master of Divinity course at the Bible College of Victoria (BCV) she wasn’t quite sure why she was studying, other than it was her obvious next step.  But her studies became the foundation for a diverse career that’s given her influence she never would have imagined. One of the subjects […]

Life-Transforming Hope

“Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.” 1 Peter 1:3 When Peter wrote these words, a full thirty years had passed since the death and resurrection of […]

The Gospel has the Power to Transform Us All

Mandarin is the most spoken language in the world, with one in six people claiming it as their mother tongue. In Australia, Mandarin has become the most spoken language after English, with almost 600,000 of us speaking it at home. The Chinese Department at MST (MSTC) which began in 1996 is the only place in […]

MST Faculty Book Shortlisted in Major Prize

Jesus Through Muslim Eyes, a new book by Dr Richard Shumack was shortlisted in the 2021 Australian Christian Book of the Year Award. Shumack, whose specialty is Islamic philosophy, apologetics, and philosophy, is the Director of the Arthur Jeffrey Centre for the Study of Islam. “I was commissioned by the publisher, SPCK in London, to […]

Ground-breaking Archaeological Find

When Gillian Asquith, a New Testament and Greek lecturer at MST, signed up for an adventure holiday at an archaeological dig in Israel in 2014, she had no idea that it would lead, just a few years later, to being part of a ground-breaking discovery. Gillian had such a good experience on the first dig […]

Student Story: Your mission field is wherever you wake up

As a ‘tech guy’ and reluctant Bible College student Michael Wakefield might be a surprising candidate for a Master of Missional Leadership, but this isn’t the first time his boundaries have been stretched. “I never wanted to do Bible College. I thought I knew enough. In 2002 all I wanted to do was to go […]

Christian Education: More Than Just Worldview

With two bachelor’s degrees, two graduate diplomas and (almost) two masters degrees to her name, you might think Jacqui Stok is the queen of further study, but she says that to begin with, she was just going through the motions. “I wasn’t a very good student at school,” she says. “I’ve only become an intrinsically […]

A Dramatic Turnaround: COVID Impacts MST Student

In March 2020, Michael Rojales, together with four other pastors from his church returned from a ministry trip to South Africa. A few days after they returned, three of the five felt unwell. With talk of the worrying new virus, COVID-19, filling the news, they went to check that their headaches and fatigue weren’t related […]

A Lifetime Together for the Gospel

For over one hundred years, the Belgrave Heights Convention (BHC), which began as the Upwey Convention just two years prior to the founding of Melbourne Bible Institute, has been one of our most treasured partnerships.  In 1918, when World War I was finally over, a number of leaders from across various denominations within the Melbourne […]