Unit Code: EM039-712
Pre or Co-requisites: No
This unit focuses on making disciples. It integrates a theological foundation with exploration of discipleship practices. As ever-increasing numbers of Muslims turn to Christ, an urgent challenge facing the global church is to disciple Muslim background believers well. Although this unit will focus is on equipping people for disciple-making among Muslims, it will be of value to anyone whose missional or pastoral work involves forming disciples.
Topics explored will include:
– What does it mean to be a disciple?
– The process of discipleship.
– Formation of Christian identity.
– Character and spiritual formation.
– The history of discipleship of Muslim background believers, including case studies.
– Contemporary approaches to discipleship.
– Blockages and obstacles to discipleship including persecution and spiritual warfare
– The disciple-maker.
– Why is making disciples often a missing link in church ministry?
96cps of study, including 36 cps at AQF level 6
*plus a one-time application fee of $150 (charged if accepted)
Auditing is a great opportunity for those who have some time on their hands and would like to dip their toes into quality Christian Studies without the pressure of assessments.
Engage with deeper learning of the Bible, join in discussions, and grow in your faith…all without the pressure of writing essays and sitting exams!
Our friendly Enrolment Coordinator is ready to answer any questions you may have.
Ready to start your studies at MST? Click below and apply today?