Privacy and Policies
MST is subject to Government legislation concerning privacy and is committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information. Personal information includes information about an individual whose identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained, from the information. It includes “sensitive information”. “Sensitive information” includes information about an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, religious affiliation and health information.
In what circumstances does MST collect personal information?
MST collects personal information for the primary purpose of maintaining a database in order to operate effectively as a provider of Christian education and ministry. MST collects this information for related, secondary purposes including:
- meeting our legal obligations,
- contacting donors to, and graduates of, MST, and
- (with the express exception of sensitive information) for marketing purposes.
About whom do we collect personal information?
- Applicants, Students, Graduates, Donors, College Council Members, Faculty and Staff
- Some of the other people who come in contact with MST.
Personal information that MST collects will not be used or disclosed for any purpose other than the primary purpose for which it was collected or for a related, secondary purpose as listed above. The exceptions are where:
- MST provides a debt collection agency, or a solicitor, with the name and contact details of a person who either has an outstanding debt payable to MST, or is involved in another legal matter concerning that person and MST.
- MST provides a personal reference or a copy of a person’s academic results to another educational institution, prospective employer or mission agency, upon request of that institution etc, unless the Student or Graduate has requested in writing that such information be not provided.
Only authorized Faculty or Staff involved in providing training, education and ministry for the person providing personal information may have access to such information as they need to provide an appropriate service. Prayer requests that contain personal information will only be communicated to individuals or any category of individuals specified by the person making the request.
Information about a person’s race, ethnic origin or religious affiliation may be used in the compilation or analysis of statistics relevant to planning and marketing. Sensitive information that MST collects will not be used for any purpose other than the primary purpose for which it was collected. Sensitive information will not be disclosed for any purpose without the consent of the individual.
Data Quality and Security
MST will seek to ensure that personal information is kept up-to-date and complete. MST will take reasonable steps to protect and secure personal information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access.